Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2009

Sleep - we are getting there...

We all had a good sleep last night. Tom didn't wake up until 5.45 - hurray! Unfortunately I was awake at 4 as usual waiting for him to call, but he didn't. It took 4 trips to settle him back to sleep again when he did wake up, but he did nod off again around 6.30. So, a successful night, just need to convince him to do it again and tag on an extra hour...

Had a look at his rash this morning and it has very nearly disappeared. He still has some blotches on the back of his head, some around the top of his legs and a couple on his tum, but nothing like how it was so we decided he doesn't need a trip to the drs.

He was a good baby this morning, he wasn't too loud and get this - he ate his weetabix and prunes up without even one dab hitting his bib, I guess he was hungry.

After his morning nap we went out shopping. First stop the cake shop to pick up some bits and pieces for my next couple of cakes, then to Asda to stock up on bits and pieces for the week. Got home just past 12, gave Tom his lunch, but he really wasn't interested, so I put him down to nap instead.

To give him his dues, he more or less finished his lunch when he woke up. We were going to go round to see Carol, but she was on her way out of the office when I called, so we stayed in. Unfortunately Tom decided he was going to shout, I think he disturbed his Dad a little - he was pleased when he went for his afternoon nap.

So we are now all happier now that the weaning is going better, although I can tell that I'm producing less breast milk, my body unfortunately is reverting back to how it was pre- birth. So, my hair is mad in the morning, my nails are brittle and break at the slightest thing and my knees are crunching and legs are stiff which is horrible, horrible, horrible. Time to go back on the cod liver oil (can you take that if you are breast feeding? Another one to look up). Unfortunately, the appetite has not calmed down at all - I'm doomed to be forever fat, or to go on a diet which won't work as at the moment I don't have the motivation for it.

No comments: