Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2009

I LOVE swimming

So, as I predicted it was a bad night last night. Tom's irregular naps led to him not taking as much milk as normal for his last feed. At 3am he woke, was in his usual place at the bottom of the cot. I put him back, gave him his dummy and hoped that would be all I would hear! Wrong. He kept going for a good hour, so in the end I gave up and fed him - he was asleep in 5 mins. I will give him the benefit of the doubt today, but I really want to get him out of the habit of feeding in the night.

Tom has also learnt a new trick whilst napping. He is generally quite good at naps when he is at home. If I put him down, he normally goes to sleep without a fight. Over the last couple of days though, about 5 minutes or so after putting him down and not hearing anything, suddenly I will hear a cry, I'll go up and find his dummy half way across the room and him on his front! He has got himself into rolling in his cot, and can't roll back. He still doesn't roll much on the floor - in fact I haven't seen him roll for a good week or so. He still doesn't really like being on his front so it's not a great habit for him to get into.

This afternoon we went to the HLC for a baby swimming session. It was fantastic, so wish I knew about this place before! Within the HLC there is a Special School which has a hydrotheraphy pool which was lovely and warm. As well as that there were multi coloured lights which Tom was fascinated by, also there were pictures of monkeys, elephants etc etc being projected on the wall. All of this was accompanied by a music - tracks from the Lion King, Oliver, Jungle Book etc, which made for a lovely atmosphere. Tom was so relaxed, I wouldn't have been surprised he had fallen asleep in there. He managed to float on his back with legs sticking in the air whilst trying to eat his feet - a real picture. I went with Lou from Waterbabies who couldn't get over the transformation in Tom, she thought he was a different baby!

Anyway he now has a glowing school report for his swimming, and this is the pool where his next term of waterbabies classes is going to take place so hopefully that will mean that he will enjoy them more. We have booked in again for next Thursday, must take full advantage of them as they are only holding the sessions during the school holidays.

No comments: