Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 December 2009

And again!

Tom was a little angel last night. He slept from 6.45pm to 7am, with not a murmur. I, on the other hand had a bad night. I have lost the knack of sleeping, I'm still waking up, expecting him to call out to us. Also, Matt decided that last night would be a good night to snore very loudly, which killed me! However, this morning was the first morning I have woken up in bed with my husband for a very long time, so that was a plus.

So, any suggestions on how to teach myself to sleep again?

Let's hope that Tom's new found skill of sleeping is here to stay, it certainly is nice to go to bed and stay in bed for a whole night.

All 3 of us now have a cold. Matt woke up coughing and feeling a little rough. Tom was also full of coughs this morning, but first thing in the morning is always the worse time of day for everyone.

Tom once again refused his breakfast - managed about 3 teaspoons of breakfast before the mouth became clamped shut.

Morning was spent in Tescos (oh yes I know how to enjoy myself) We had managed to get a £12 off voucher, seemed a shame not to use it. Came home for lunch. Tom continued being naughty and didn't eat much. I had some left over tuna pasta from our dinner yesterday which I mashed up for him - he didn't eat much. I then tried some risotto, nope. Then a jar - he ate some of that, but not much. Next attempt was some apple puree, no, apparently that was also the food of the devil. Not sure what's got into him today.

Oh, I haven't told you about my recent trick. I was having huge problems getting Tom to keep his socks on. As soon as you put them on they would be pulled off. The only way I could get them to stay on for any period of time was to tuck his trousers into them Cossack style. Last week I gave up and bought him some tights. Ha ha! I foxed him. He tried to take them off, but obviously failed. He has been in tights ever since (makes sense as it keeps his legs warm in this cold weather). Yesterday he was back in socks again as it was Gymbabes (which is done in bare feet). He didn't even attempt to take them off, so I think I may have cracked it!

After lunch I put Tom down for his nap. Feels sort of weird putting him down for naps today as he slept so much last night: do babies really need to sleep during the day if they sleep at night? Anyway I experimented to see how much sleep he really got. I went up after 20 minutes, he was still up, playing with the toys in his cot. After another 20 minutes he was asleep. He then called for me half an hour later - was really cute, he was on his back down the bottom of the cot, gently stroking one of his soft toys. I wonder if that is normal for him, or whether because he had a good sleep last night, he didn't see the need to nap for long?

Anyway, once I got him up, we had a little play, then popped to Lidl in search of duck (we found one = very happy Matt), had another play, then dinner (he finished off the jar he started earlier today, but pretty much refused everything else), bath with his Dad (Matt is coming down with a cold today as well) and bottle with me.

I wonder if he will have another good night.

Oh, today's pic - somehow he managed to get himself stuck in the corner, doing the splits!

No comments: