Search This Blog

Thursday 17 December 2009

Most challenging cake yet

So another good night. Tom needed settling at 2.30 - when coughing got the better of him, but it took a matter of seconds and that was it, so can't really complain.

Had a quiet day. this morning we went out to the cake shop to get some bits and pieces for my latest cake (it's Michelle's birthday on Monday and Mike requested a handbag cake) I had a complete nightmare putting it together, the icing collapsed on one side and chocolate butter icing went all over the place. I managed to sort of save it by creating some 'hankies' to go over the worse bits. It's not too bad, but definitely the hardest cake I've done to date.

This afternoon saw us around Kamila's to see Stella and a catch up. Tom was a little naughty, as soon as I cuddled Stella, he yelled and yelled, and didn't stop until I gave Stella back and cuddled him.

Tom did ok on the food front. Initially he wouldn't eat breakfast (weetabix), but when i put it in a jar, suddenly he opened his mouth - humpfh, he is going to turn into a junk food baby! Lunch he had some of my home cooked food, then refused. He then took some jar food, so I mixed my food into that and he took more. Dinner he had some beef stew and root veg. Not huge amounts, but enough I think.

No comments: