Search This Blog

Thursday 31 December 2009

Where's Tom?

Last night wasn't too bad considering. Tom woke up screaming at midnight, so I fed him (Once I could find the right door. I was obviously in a very deep sleep when he woke me up, I didn't know where I was or what I was doing - went into the ensuite looking for him???). He took a lot, so he was hungry. He then woke again at 1 something, but I went in to settle and that was it until 6am, when once again he was crying. I didn't think I could placate him until 7am so I fed him again. I then took him into bed with me (Matt was already downstairs - he's now got a tummy bug and was running to the loo a lot during the night) where he was happy until we got up around 7.45 for breakfast. You would think he would be ravenous for breakfast, but he wasn't. I had to resort to my usual tricks to get him to eat anything. I guess the appetite will kick in around lunch time.

Tom had a little play before going for his morning nap. I put him on his back on the floor, turned round and then when I looked back at him again he was sitting! So, a new trick has been learnt. The morning saw us in Sainsburys - we had heard that duck was half price so I was dispatched to get some. Unfortunately there was no duck there, however pork was also half price, so I got some of that. Tom sat in the big seat in the trolley and had lots of fun, looking over the side, trying to grab things etc.

Came back, had lunch. Tom had a 2 hour afternoon nap, whilst I started trying to clear the house - still seem to be presents everywhere. We didn't go anywhere in the afternoon (except a quick visit to see the Gouges, we were supposed to go over for drinks this evening, but Matt isn't feeling up to it). Matt played back the film we took during Christmas. I wanted to take a photo of Tom watching himself, but as you can see, he was extremely uninterested by himself, and refused to watch, so I got a picture of his bum instead.

Tom didn't have a very good dinner time, he refused beef stew and risotto which is very unlike him. I had to resort to a sachet instead. He then refused fruit puree and also refused fromage frais. All a little concerning, am worried he is going to go back to his bad ways. Anyway he had a good bath, took his bottle well (ie no massive vomit) and went to sleep without a fight. We will see what tonight brings.

No comments: