Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 December 2009

I like to sleep

Funny, now I am getting more sleep, I'm not as alert as I used to be when I wake up in the middle of the night. I can't really be sure how many times I got up last night. I know Tom was having trouble coughing early in the night, we dosed him with Calpol at 10.30. I think I then went in again at 12.30 to settle him. After that? No idea, there might have been a 3am wake up call, but then again there might not have been, it's all a bit fuzzy. I guess that's a good thing, I certainly wasn't lying awake for hours and hours trying to get to sleep.

I'm feeling better again today. Just my ears left to clear really. My sinuses still ache, but I think that's leftover from them being swollen, not because they are swollen now. Tom on the whole seems better as well. He still has his cough, but he's not coughing as often as he was, so that's all good.

Tom also had a good breakfast this morning. He had a third of a weetabix, and probably would have had more given the chance. Problem is that if I leave him to make more, he gives up being interested in food - doesn't like to wait (bit like his dad then!)

After his morning nap we popped out to Asda to pick up some last minute bits and bobs for Christmas. He had an enormous lunch - beef stew and some mashed root veggies (now I have more energy, I've been making lots of 'Tom food' whilst he's napping - freezer is filling up again) He then kept going until 1.30 when I put him down for his nap. He seems to nap for ever at the moment, I always have to go and wake him up these days. I'm sure if I left him to it, he would spend all day in bed. I think that as he has finally realised how good it is to sleep for long periods, he wants to make up for those months of bad sleeping. Not a bad thing...

Went to baby clinic this afternoon, Tom has put on weight - yahoooooo. He is now 19lb 9oz. I wonder if he will break the 20lb barrier on his return from Christmas. We had quite a good afternoon, Tom's forward movement has got a lot more fluid now, he is able to cover ground quite quickly. Unfortunately he is obsessed with the TV cabinet, doesn't matter how many times we say no and pull him away, he is determined to get to the amplifier and play with the controls. I guess we need to carry on reinforcing the no message to him. Whenever we say no, he stops, looks at us and then laughs. So, not really getting the message.

Jude came round this evening laden down with Christmas pressies, Tom gave her the 'Jude stare' as usual - I really don't know why he does that, and only to her?

Tom had a good bath, bottle and bed. Not heard from him yet...

No comments: