Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 December 2009

What a hat!

Last night Tom was up at 10pm - took 3/4 hour to get him back to sleep and then again at 3am - at 3.30 I gave up and put him in bed with me. He then decided it was a great joke and went hyperactive until it turned 4am, then he suddenly fell asleep and stayed that way until 7am, even though he did cough. Of course, being the smallest person in the bed, he took the most room so I was left teetering on the edge.

Today I decided to go to Market Drayton to check out a shop Michelle recommended to help me with Matt's Christmas pressie. Unfortunately it was a wasted journey. First of all it took forever to get there (too many tractors and milk tankers on the road) and then the shop didn't have what I wanted. We then popped into Morrisons, the plan being for me and Tom to have lunch and to pick up some dinner for Matt. First of all I needed a £1 for a trolley which I didn't have and then I discovered there wasn't a cafe, so a completely wasted trip.

Drove back to Telford and went to the Wrekin Retail Park, we both had lunch in Tesco (Tom was very well behaved and ate loads), and then wondered down to Matalan where I got a new hat for Tom (the blue one having got a little small in recent days - his head is growing even if nothing else is) and I got Matt's Christmas pressie, so I guess we had a successful day in the end.

As you can see from today's pic, Tom's new hat is very cute, and I'm finding it very hard to take it off, even indoors. Tom seems a little better today, he's quite active. I, on the other hand, am full of cold! He is beginning to wobble back and forth on his back legs, it's only a matter of time before he finds the crawl position...

We also rearranged Tom's room this evening. We had to drop his cot mattress down by one level as he's been threatening to climb out over the side (aren't babies supposed to crawl before they manage stuff like that?). Also, his room has been very cold for some reason recently, so the cot is now nearer the radiator. I think the radiator is the problem anyway. Just not big enough for the size of room.

1 comment:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

Clare says the hat is very cute...ps Jakes room is now between 14 & 16 degrees - I call it character building!!!