Search This Blog

Friday 4 December 2009

I thrash in my sleep

Last night wasn't a success. My plan was to take Tom into our bed as soon as he woke up, as that way I wouldn't have to traipse in and out of his room each time he cries. He didn't wake up until midnight which was a good start. I took him into our bed, he took an hour to settle and go back to sleep. Unfortunately he didn't have a restful sleep. His eyes were tightly shut, but he thrashed about like a looney. His arms and legs going like pistons and keeping me awake. At 6.30 I had a moment of enlightenment and flipped him on to his front. He went still almost immediately! Oh hum, only had half an hour of sleep left. So, another lesson learnt, and another very disturbed night.

This morning dawned clear and sunny which was nice. Tom and I went to Asda to pick up some bits and pieces and enjoy the sunshine. He then had an early lunch, this is becoming a routine now, he doesn't eat much for breakfast and is then hungry and crying for food around 11am. What can you do other than feed him? He had quite a good lunch for him. He then shouted a bit before I put him down for his lunchtime nap around 1pm. He had a long snooze, woke up at 2.30. If I had a bit more energy I would have got lots of stuff done, but it wasn't to be, although a load of laundry and some phonecalls were completed.

The afternoon saw us out and about in car places trying to get hold of quotes for the repair work to the car. Meant a lot of in and outs for Tom, but he charmed everyone he saw so that made it ok.

Came back, had a play, dinner (ate an okish dinner - could have done better), another play and then bath, bottle and bed.

He has seemed better today, still has his cough but more laughs and brighter eyed. He is, however, drooling again, I'm afraid he might start teething again. Please, please could we have a couple of weeks where he is well and we can get his sleeping sorted out.

No comments: