Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Gymbabes again

Strange old night. Apparently Tom was up twice when I was at cake course, then he went through to 12 something. He was in full scream mode, but once calmed down, he went to sleep quite quickly in my arms. He woke again at 1am, 2am and 3am - each time he fell asleep quite quickly in my arms. At 3am I gave up and put him in bed with me again. This time, he went to sleep almost immediately, so no hair pulling, lip pulling etc etc. He was restless in his sleep in that he kept moving and coughing, but he didn't wake up. I, once again had the smallest amount of bed and woke up with a stiff neck!

Tom had a minute breakfast - I think he is taking after me. I never liked breakfast, you would think that as his last solid meal was 5pm he would be hungry, but he isn't. He had about 1/6 of a banana and a couple of teaspoons of yogurt and that was it. After his morning nap, I took him down to the clinic to get weighed. I expected that he had lost weight as he ate so little last week, I was right, he's lost 10 ounces, so is back to 19lb! Very frustrating. He weighed more at the end of August than he does now!

I gave him an early lunch as we are doing a catch up session with Gymbabes today - unfortunately the timing is really bad, 12.45 which is when he is normally napping, so my plan was to give him an early lunch and see if he would go down for an early nap. Not sure it's working as I can hear things banging around in his room! Anyway, he ate a decent lunch (well for him anyway - still not sure how much he is supposed to be eating at the moment, although do know it is more than he is)

So, he did finally go to sleep, when I went up to get him, he was out cold. I moved his cot to retrieve a sock and he didn't even stir. He didn't seem to perturbed to be woken up though. Found Gymbabes in Wellington. Tom enjoyed the different lights and tried to chat up one of the little girls there. He didn't do too bad, but did grizzle when I asked him to put some effort in!

Came home, Tom fell asleep in the car and I managed to get him into his cot and back to sleep. He slept for a good 2 hours, I went up to get him at 4pm. We had a play and then dinner - he ate all the savoury food I put out for him. Strange thing, I bought him a baby chocolate dessert (tastes a bit like angel delight). He didn't like it. A good thing maybe?

He had another play and then bath, bottle and bed.

Today was a momentous day, we tidied up the lounge, i.e. put away his play gym, and put all his toys in a box, so the room is looking much less cluttered now. We also rearranged his room again. Managed to get his room to 19 degrees today, so hopefully it won't be the cold waking him up tonight, but I'm sure something else will!

No comments: