Search This Blog

Monday 7 December 2009

He Slept Through Again!

So, Tom woke at 11.30, Matt went in to settle him and that was it. I didn't hear him again all night. Although he was awake when I went in to get him at 7am. Have we turned a corner or am I being too optimistic?

I, of course, didn't benefit from it. Was awake at 2.30, and then wide awake at 5am - took over an hour to get back to sleep again. I have lost the knack of sleeping for longer than 4 hours as has Matt. (He ended up downstairs again last night - I apparently was full of nasty noises again - this cold is really lingering!)

Tom was a little naughty at breakfast, he wouldn't eat anything. If I got anything in his mouth, he spat it out again! I've started calling him owl face as his head just swivels round and round, anything is more interesting than me or food: the floor, the ceiling etc etc.

After his morning nap, we toddled off to Asda. It was raining, so the pram had its waterproof cover on and I dressed up very warm. This cold I've got feels like it is never going to go, the symptons don't seem to be easing at all. Came home, Tom started crying so I gave him his lunch at 11.30: he was ravenous, the food didn't touch the sides, I tried to explain to him that if he ate his breakfast, he needn't get himself in a state for lunch - I don't think he paid me any attention!

Put him down for his lunchtime nap at 12 which was brilliant as it is gymbabes today and I need him to be wide awake at 2. Had a good time at Gymbabes, Tom refused to try crawling on the tolberone sponge thingy, but apart from that he was well behaved. Errol was there today as well with Rachel and Oliver. Went for a drink at Costa afterwards which was nice, however, all three babies although tired, refused to go to sleep and grizzled instead! Oh hum. Came home, Tom fell asleep in a minute or two of being in the car. He cried when we arrived, but soon cheered up. He ate a good dinner and then had a very happy playtime before having a bath with me and bottle with his Dad.

All in all a good day, Tom definitely is a much happier baby when he's had a good night's sleep. I wonder if he will sleep properly again tonight...

PS - if you look closely at today's pic, you will see he had a bit of a quiff going on with his hair - I guess this means it is getting longer.

No comments: