Search This Blog

Thursday 10 December 2009

Tom's first Christmas Party

An ok night. Tom woke at 1.45 crying and then screaming. Got him back off again, but he did the same at 2am and then again at 2.15. At 2.15 I gave him a dose of calpol as he really was screaming rather than crying. He immediately calmed down, I gave him a hug, put him back in his cot and I didn't hear from him again.

I spent the night tossing and turning again, I also seem to suffering from a temperture, as I woke up in a cold sweat. Had to put my dressing gown on in bed to warm up. Oh hum, this cold has to finish soon.

Today was a big day - Tom's first Christmas party. Organised by the HVs who run the Oakengates Group. It was a mad day, nearly all the babies were dressed up (including Tom), each baby had a sit with Father Christmas who gave them a pressie for which Tom was remarkably good, we also played pass the parcel - Tom won one of them - a book, and there was plenty of party food including cheese and pineapple on sticks - my favourite.

Anyway was a good day. Tom was a little naughty, as I was chatting to another mum he managed to get hold of his present and shred the paper off it! Naughty boy or clever boy? Meant he got his present 2 weeks early!

Came home, had lunch (a good lunch for Tom), then Tom went for his nap. He had a mammoth nap - getting on for 2 hours before going round Michelle's to drop off our travel cot as tonight is the girls night out. Came home, had a play and then fed Tom (another good meal). We left his bath time until 6.30 and once ready, put him in his car seat and took him round to Michelle's for his bottle and bed. He went down at first attempt which was great.

Had a lovely night out, shame my cold stopped me from enjoying it completely, spent the night behind a mound of tissues, although got a good dose of sympathy from everyone. We did secret santas - I did really well, got cup cake lip gloss and an apron.

I was on driving duty (no point even trying to drink alcohol at the moment) so brought the girls home and then Matt and Tom. Tom was very well behaved, went down at first attempt and didn't hear from him until 6.30am. (Although Matt said that he heard him from downstairs at 5.15 - couldn't have been too bad as I slept through it)

No comments: