Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 December 2009

Tom and Jodie Reunited

Tom had an amazing night last night. He slept for 12 hours - the first time ever. We were really surprised as he had such a screaming fit before going to bed and his room was cold, but something obviously clicked and he slept very well. I guess it is hard work being charming, and hopefully he enjoyed being back in his cot in his room again.

We had a busy day today. First stop after his nap was baby clinic to be weighed, Matt was convinced he was 20lb. Well we had good news and bad news. He hadn't made 20lb, but he is now heavier than he has ever been before at 19lb 13oz. (Also he did a massive poo just before weighing, so he could have been 20lb!)

Next stop was Asda to pick up some food for tonight and some bits and pieces for Amanda's birthday. She doesn't really celebrate it as it is on New Year's Eve, but we thought she should, so I bought some party bits and a cake and some smellies. Rushed home to wrap them all up, then off to Amanda's in Tibberton via a very dodgy sat nav route.

Saw most of the girls - just Lou missing. Michelle left Seren at home so we had an extra pair of hands to help with things which was good. Nice to meet up with everyone. People had lots of tales of Christmas, I must say I think we probably had one of the best. First of all we don't have 'Monster in Laws' to contend with - the tales some of the girls came up with were horrendous. Secondly, Tom behaved himself very well. He was the only baby to sit with the family for Christmas dinner - I think we had the least stressful day / period of them all - made me very happy.

I was the last to leave as Tom was in the middle of his nap when the others made their excuses. Was good really as I don't know Amanda as well as I know the others, so gave me a chance to chat.

Once Tom was up we were packed and off to the kennels to collect Jodie. Got the usual 'doesn't she eat very well?!' Returned home, had a play, then dinner, then play, then bath (particularly rowdy - I got very wet) and bottle. At first Tom wouldn't take his bottle, so Matt put him down and went for a shower to give him some space. He started crying quite loud, so I went up and finished his bottle. I picked him up to do a burp. He burped, and then he did a massive vomit, and when I say massive I mean monumental! It was as if his mouth had turned into a hose pipe - he had fish pie for dinner, so I smelt wonderful! I had to strip and have a shower as I was coated in it, Tom, luckily didn't need another bath - he got me more than he got himself. It was definitely his biggest vomit to date.

Once cleaned up, he went down in his cot without a murmur. No idea what is going to happen tonight - as he is going to have an empty stomach.

Oh - almost forgot to say, today at Amanda's, Tom went to sleep in her travel cot. When I went up to fetch him, he was happily sitting up in it! Hum, how did he do that?

No comments: