Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 December 2009

I can clap

Tom was good again last night. He woke up coughing at 3am, needed settling and again at 3.30. At 4am, he woke again, but got himself off without any intervention from me. But that was it. I, of course was awake most hours. My cold has made its way into my sinuses, giving me an enormous headache, and of course, I can't take anything stronger than paracetamol. I was also cold in bed, all of which meant that I was tossing and turning quite a bit.

Tried a different plan of attack for breakfast, instead of a puree, or weetabix / porridge, which is what I normally offer him, I toasted a muffin and gave him that. He managed about 1.5 strips of it. Not a huge lot, but an improvement on what he normally eats.

We went to baby clinic this morning, hoping that Tom had put on some weight, but no. He's the same, so still 19lb. Oh hum. Came back, he had his morning nap, then lunch. Homemade food today - I defrosted 4 ice cubes (which although is less than he is supposed to eat, is more than he normally eats). He ate the whole lot. I even managed to get some more bits and pieces down him, which was good.

12.45 saw us in Wellington for another catch up session at Gymbabes. Tom was better today, in that he managed to get across the whole Tolberone and stayed relatively cheerful.

Today's new trick is clapping. Tom has clapped before, but it has been very hit and miss. Today he was deliberately clapping and did it more or less all day, and looked very pleased with himself as he did it.

The afternoon was a bit shouty, not good if you have a raging headache, but c'est la vie! He is now in bed after a good bath with me and his last milk feed with Dad.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You can take decongestants now Nik- check Kellymom!