Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 November 2009

5 toothed Tom

Not a great night. Tom went to sleep easily and didn't wake until after midnight which was good. I fed him then he went back to sleep until around 5am.

He woke up screaming and when I say screaming, I mean really screaming and no amount of cuddling would help. He woke up Matt (who was downstairs - I was snoring again apparently) who came up to see what was wrong. He must have woken up the whole street! It took a good half hour to get him to stop, at which point I fed him again. He immediately became a happy baby again, so we put him in his cot and he went straight back to sleep. I didn't get back to sleep though - still wondering what went on to make him so agitated.

He didn't wake up a particularly happy baby either this morning. He wouldn't eat breakfast and took a while to go for his morning nap.

Once he was up again we headed into Newport to bank a cheque for Matt and amble around the shops. Tom, unfortunately decided to grizzle again so it wasn't very relaxing. Came home, had lunch which he ate - I think I've found a recipe he likes - braised beef.

He didn't go for his lunchtime nap until late, so I was hoping for a long one, it wasn't to be, he was awake again within 40 minutes! He still wasn't that happy, but cheered up when i put him in his bouncer.

Dropped into Asda to get some cheese - fajitas tonight. Tom looked up at me with his gummy smile and guess what... there were 3 teeth in his bottom gum - so maybe that is the root of his recent grizzling? They seem to be coming very quickly at the moment.

No comments: