Search This Blog

Friday 27 November 2009

Sick Tom

Another bad night. Tom was up at 10pm, 12am, 2am and 3am. At 3, it took a good hour to get him back to sleep again - had to cuddle him to sleep in my arms. He is so full of cold he finds it hard to breathe.

He woke up at 6.45, had a small feed from me, then a play on the bed. He played quite nicely, but by 8am he was exhausted again, eyes all puffy and he refused his breakfast. Poor thing. Put him back to bed for a rest.

9.30 saw us in Stirchley for BEST course. I was worried taking Tom with me to the creche as he was so unwell, but he went quite willingly and stayed the course. The creche workers said he was ok. He had puffy eyes when he was back though, so got him home, had a quick lunch (he managed some puree - at the moment he will only eat loose puree, anything with texture / lumps gets rejection. His phlegm is causing him lots of grief when it comes to food at the moment.

He then went for a nap - was asleep a good 2 hours and woke up just in time to be wrapped up warm and wheeled round to the school to pick up Hannah and Boo (I'm on babysitting duties today) . Once we were back, Tom looked exhausted again, so he went down for another nap whilst I looked after the girls. Tom then stayed with his dad whilst I took the girls to their dancing lesson.

Arrived back to find Tom being fed (he managed a little more puree, but not much). Then I had a bath with him (he cheered up considerably) before bottle and bed.

No comments: