Search This Blog

Sunday 15 November 2009

Not a good day

Saturday is a bit of a blur I'm afraid. Tom woke up twice during the night - midnight and 2.30. Both times he screamed for a good hour before going back to sleep. It's all very strange. He screams when he sees the dummy coming towards him, arches his back, thrashes his head from side to side - almost as if it is an instrument of torture, but once I do get it in, he's asleep in seconds. Why does he reject something that so obviously gives him comfort?

Anyway, I ended up putting him in my bed with me around 3am, that way I didn't have to keep going into his room, however, it meant that I didn't sleep as well. I managed to get him back on the breast this morning, took a couple of attempts but we got there - yahooo. (I didn't give him milk throughout the night, I gave him water instead, hoping he would be desparate for milk in the morning, seemed to work)

As the day progressed, I'm afraid I became unwell. Kept going hot and cold, headache, tired etc. Not great when you are the sole carer for a baby. Waterbabies got cancelled this morning, due to teacher illness, so we were at a loose end for the day. Decided to go swimming anyway, so booked us in for 1pm. Was really looking forward to it as I was cold and thought the hot water would warm me up. Not to be, although it was hot, I was still cold. Anyway, there was only one other baby in the pool, who I knew from groups, so we had a good natter. I noticed that Tom had a rash on his legs now. Poor mite, what next? He also managed to do another big squirty poo whilst in the pool. It came out of his swim nappy, but luckily his trunks kept it in.

Came home, both me and Tom had a nap. Tom unfortunately woke up in a bad mood and spent the rest of the day grizzling, not good if you are feeling unwell! I gave him his dinner (he ate a suprisingly large dinner), bath and bed. I then had a sandwich and went to bed - was in bed for 7.30.

No comments: