Search This Blog

Thursday 19 November 2009

Life is fragile

Interesting night. Tom woke at 10.30 and was not going to go back to sleep, he was hungry, hungry, hungry. I knew I didn't have enough milk in to satisfy him, and had only managed to pump 4oz last night so I sent Matt downstairs to get a carton of formula (I bought one yesterday as I had a feeling this might happen) Tom drank the whole lot, so he certainly was hungry. I put him back in his cot wide awake and he took himself off to sleep. He woke again at 12.30, he needed a cuddle and went back to sleep. Next wake up was 4.15am, when he went on the breast for a while, then 5am ditto. He then woke up again at 6am but was just playing, cooing and talking, so I didn't go in. Next thing I knew, it was 7.45!

This morning, I thought it was about time we went to the Salvation Army group again - we haven't been for ages. It was very quiet for a change, but enough people there who I know to talk to. I could see just how far Tom has progressed in his mobility, as he was able to get around the toys much better than normal - although still goes backwards, and therefore ends up further from where he wants to be.

Tom wouldn't eat his lunch when we got back, he was too tired, hadn't had his morning nap. So, I put him in his cot and got on with mine. When he woke up he was ravenous, he ate all the savoury food I had ready for him, and some cheese, and a breadstick, a fromage frais and a jar of dessert, his mouth just kept opening.

Once I had let his lunch settle, we scooted off to Asda so I could pick up the rest of my prescription, we then spent the afternoon playing.

This evening was cake course (I swapped from Tuesday to Thursday as I was feeling so unwell), so I left Matt in the middle of bath and bed routine and headed out to Stirchley. Cake class was going well, I have got so much to catch up on having missed last week - namely making a poinsettia (sorry not sure on spelling), lots of ivy, holly and maybe a robin. In the middle of Brenda showing us what to do a lady got up, fumbled about and collapsed on the floor. She then went gray and stopped breathing! Luckily there were some nurses in the room who leapt to her help and spent 20 mins doing mouth to mouth resuscitation before the ambulance arrived. Oh my word! It was very distressing, the ambulance guys had to restart her heart, but she did start breathing on her own again. She is probably about the same age as me. I have felt numb ever since, life really is very fragile, all I wanted to do was come home and check Matt and Tom were ok. Suddenly the lack of sleep etc all seemed very trivial.

Today's pic - I was going to take a nice photo of Matt and Tom, however, I think Matt squeezed Tom too hard, and I seem to have captured the exact moment Tom spewed over his Dad. Cruel photo, but very funny, and the only photo I took.

No comments: