Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Stripey Tom

Humm, interesting night. Tom woke at 9.30 - Matt sorted him out as I was already in bed. Then again at 11.45. The poor mite was hungry. He latched on, but there wasn't much milk ready for him (I had real trouble expressing any milk today - I think a combination of lack of stimulation from Tom and me being ill). He tried really hard, but got upset, so I went downstairs and got him my precious milk from the fridge (thankfully I still have a couple of frozen packets, so will use one tomorrow). He took the whole lot and was still wanting more, but there wasn't any for him.

I left him to it, but he didn't settle. He also seemed hot to the touch, not as hot as last week, but hotter than usual, so I gave him some calpol (this time from a sachet which I bought yesterday rather than from a bottle / syringe, which he took very well). I then cradled him in my arms until he fell asleep - around 1.30am. I didn't hear from him again until 7am. Took me a while to drop off (as I said before, I am so tuned into him that I hear him crying, moving, grizzling in my head as much as in real life, not great).

I had a better night, still feverish, but not as bad as yesterday. The problem with looking after a baby who doesn't sleep through the night, is that if you are ill yourself, you don't get the sleep you need to mend yourself and there is nothing you can do about it. Still have white spots at back of throat, but at least I have the antibiotics now, so hopefully they will clear up quickly.

Tom woke up happy. Had a good play on the bed, and then ate half a weetabix and a big chunk of banana for breakfast.

Oh, forgot to mention yesterday that during their bath, Matt managed to get his finger into Tom's mouth and swears that he could feel a new tooth on his upper jaw, so that will be six he now has, they certainly are popping up quickly. Matt also went to the drs yesterday, he's been having even more trouble with floaters in his eyes. Dr took one look at him and referred him to hospital immediately, he has an appointment in Shrewsbury on Wednesday, hope everything is ok with them.

It was a nice day today, but I'm still not feeling great so didn't really take advantage of it. Instead Tom and I went to one of Telford's retail parks for an amble around. Went to Matalan (not been before) and found some very cheap clothes for me (why oh why haven't I been before?) and a Christmas present for Tom (which Matt will like). Tom started grizzling so we went to Tescos cafe for lunch. He charmed lots of old women, whilst taking a good 45 mins to eat his lunch (too busy watching everyone else). It is run by Eurest, which I realised as soon as I saw the sandwiches - not good, I know too much to enjoy their food now!

On our return, Tom napped whilst I relaxed. Then playtime, dinner time, bath time and sleep.

No comments: