Search This Blog

Friday 13 November 2009

Smiles again, thanks Mum and Dad

So Tom woke at 9.30pm, 1am and 4am. Mum got him back to sleep each time with a mixture of settling and milk. Mum ended up sleeping on the sofa again and not her bed! This went well, well, well beyond the call of duty, but I am incredibly grateful to her. I was asleep by 10pm and woke up at 5.30, that's 7.5 hours of blissful, blissful, blissful sleep. You won't believe how good it felt. That's the longest sleep I've had since before Christmas last year. I dozed for a while, before coming downstairs at 7.40, to find a happy, smiley Tom with mum and dad. He looked so much better. Apparently he slept much much better than last night so we think the sleep has helped mend him.

Morning was spent expressing (I'm having to express 100% of his milk at the moment as he won't take it directly from me) and packing the car. We were on our way by 10.20.

I want to take this opportunity to thank mum and dad. I'm sorry that they didn't get to play with the happy Tom we all know and love, however, I am grateful I was with them for what I think has been Tom's worse period. I don't know what I would have done without them. They helped in so many ways and were a pillar of strength. I think they are absolutely shattered, hope you recover soon.

The rest of the day was spent driving, driving, driving. Wasn't the nicest of drives, it rained the whole way. Stopped off at Cribbs Causeway where we spent 2 hours including lunch and some shopping. Then to Dudley to drop off the cake (see pic, not bad for a first attempt don't you think?) and on to Telford. Tom was an angel in the car, spent most of the time asleep (he's never going to sleep well tonight)

Came home, gave him dinner (he's eating a lot more today which is a great sign, although he still won't take any milk directly from me), then bath and bed. He wouldn't take his dummy again, and then wouldn't settle. Luckily I managed to get his dummy into him second time round. Funny, when he took the dummy, his eyes rolled in ecstasy, if it brings him so much comfort, why won't he take it easily? All very strange. Haven't heard from him since. I wonder what the night will bring...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm going ot point you to Kellymom again - when in doubt ;) - have a look for nursing strikes, it's pretty common at his age.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/baby/back-to-breast.html
I've just emptied the bag you brought back and two of those sheets aren't mine! I'll let you have them back next time I see you, you can try to find them another home,