Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Busy day for mum

We didn't do so well last night. Tom was awake from 11.00pm to 3.30am. He did sleep for 30 minute chunks during which I managed about 10 minutes. The problem is that he won't take his dummy. I'm not sure why. For his naps during the day he opens his mouth for his dummy and he goes to sleep, no problem. At night now, he clamps his mouth shut and won't allow it in, but then wakes up about 10 minutes later, missing the comfort it brings him. Oh hum....

Had a busy day today, Mum sent me to Tavistock on my own, so I could wonder around the shops and get what I needed for various things I'm doing (cakes, christenings etc). Came home, had lunch, Tom ate a whole pot of the Branch tomato sauce and spaghetti. He's always rejected pasta until now. I couldn't quite believe how much he ate, and mum and dad were very happy to see he likes traditional Branch fayre. Mum and dad looked after Tom whilst I made chutney, and then took him out whilst I marzipanned my second Christmas cake. By the time all that was done it was 5pm which is Tom's usual dinner time, however, he was so tired, he wouldn't eat any food, so I put him to bed for 15 mins to see if I could refresh him. It sort of worked. We had a quick skype chat with Matt first, as he was off for dinner and drink with Errol at The Fox - yummy.

Mum did Tom's wind-down routine, he was quite subdued - still tired, but went to sleep without a fuss.

No comments: