Search This Blog

Monday 9 November 2009

Me and my guardian daddy

An horrific night, Tom woke at 9.30 (when I went to bed), managed to feed him back to sleep. Then again at 11.30. This time he wasn't going back to sleep, oh no, it took until 2.30 to get him back to sleep. The thing was, I did get him back to sleep on numerous occasions, but when I put him back in his cot he would wake up again. At one stage he was really screaming (he was very tired), Matt almost took him for a drive in the car. The problem was that he wouldn't take his dummy, but obviously needed that extra comfort.

I did get him back to sleep in the end, but it was a traumatic couple of hours. Tom slept through from 2.30 to 7, so it wasn't so bad in the end. In the morning everyone said they hardly heard him, we think they were being polite, at one stage most of Trowbridge must have heard him!

We were treated to a fantastic breakfast, then Martin attacked Matt with a shaver, didn't do too bad a job. I then dropped Matt off at Westbury Station for his train (it was late, in fact Matt didn't get home till after 6.30 due to bad connections - don't think he was too happy). I returned to the Smyth's gave Tom his lunch and then left onwards to Devon. Tom did quite well in the car, slept for an hour, cooed for an hour, cried as soon as we arrived in Plymouth, stopped crying as soon as we hit Dartmoor. I had to feed him as soon as we arrived, so Mum and Dad emptied the car (it's amazing how much stuff you need to take a baby anywhere), by which time Tom was happily full and ready to play with his grandparents.

I gave him his bath as Mum and Dad were cooking. Had a good play with various toys and then picked him up and gently shook him as usual to get rid of excess water, this time however, something went "PLOP!". Matt and I have said on many occasions how amazing it is that he's only pooed in the bath once. Well now he's done it twice!!!! I was handed some loo paper and told to fish it out. It was very funny!

I gave him his bottle and put him to bed, he was asleep before I even got him in his sleeping bag.

No comments: