Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Matt given the ok

A better night. Tom woke at 10.00 and 10.30, Matt sorted him out both times. He then waited until 2.30am. He was hungry and luckily as I had expressed at 6pm, I had enough milk in for him and managed to feed him to sleep. It took two attempts, but he was back down at 3.30 and that was it until 7.30. I also did quite well, my fever only just surfaced and I managed to get enough shut eye to feel ok. Throat still sore, but only seems to be on one side now.

Tom woke up bright eyed, which is good. He spends most of his time spinning round and reversing at the moment. Still hasn't worked out how to go forwards.

The morning saw us off to baby clinic. Tom's lost weight again, but not surprising considering he hardly ate anything for a couple of days last week. So, he's back down to 19lb 6oz. One day we may make the magic 20lb.

After lunch we headed off to Shrewsbury as Matt had his hospital appointment. We dropped him off then headed off to a retail park to kill the time before we picked him up again. So, a slow walk around Sainsburys and then an even slower walk round Toys R Us when Matt called for a pick up. He's been given the Ok for now, but needs to monitor his eyes and let them know if they get any worse.

Came home, Tom had dinner, bath and bed. Went down very easily, considering he was quite lively. As I seem to say quite regularly, we will see what tonight brings...

Oh, managed to express a bit more milk today. Yesterday I only managed 3oz, today I managed 4oz. Shows you what illness does, I was expressing 9 or 10 oz every night without any problems before. I only have 2 more bags of milk in the freezer, I wonder if I will manage to get production up again, before I run out? Tom is latching on quite nicely now, but obviously gets frustrated when he tries and gets nothing, he's used to a good supply.

No comments: