Search This Blog

Friday 6 November 2009

A charming baby

Not a great night (seem to say that quite a lot don't I?). Tom woke up at 11pm and then 12, 12.30, 1, 1.30. At 2 I gave him some Calpol, I didn't hear from him again, which meant I got a good 4 to 5 hour sleep, which was good.

Tom had a happy day today. He was a charming baby, and he ate well at meal times (except his pre-bed bottle which he only half drank - maybe because he ate so well during the day. Such a shame though as it is now wasted - it takes me ages to express everyday!)

This morning I had my BEST course. Tom went into the creche, as usual he happily went with the workers there - sometimes I think he is happy to be away from me. The session was good - about supporting mums before and after giving birth so they have the best support possible. The group really came together and we had some really good discussions.

When I went to pick Tom up, he got a very good school report. He hadn't slept at all, but he also hadn't grizzled either. In fact one of the creche workers said that they really enjoy having him and wished that they could have 10 Toms each time. I of course was very proud.

Came home, had lunch whilst Tom had a nap (he feel asleep as soon as the car started to move on the way home) and then he had his lunch, which he more or less ate up. We then went to RAF Cosford as I wanted to get Ziyoun a blow up airplane for his birthday and the shop there do a great selection. Got there and was very disappointed, they are now charging £2 to use the car park. Firstly I didn't want to pay £2 to park for 10 minutes so I could use the shop and anyway I didn't have £2. Was really disappointed - it was one place round here that was truly free, and although admission is still free, the museum is in the middle of nowhere, so you need a car to visit it, so really admission isn't free anymore. I left in a huff!

Then went to Asda to get some things in for Matt (I'm down in Devon with Tom next week), to find the shop half empty of stock and very full of customers (I guess the two correlate), so left with only half of what I wanted to get.

Oh hum, came home, Tom had a nap, whilst I started putting together the mountain of things I need to take with me to Devon - we certainly don't travel light anymore.

As I said, he was a charming baby today, so happy and giggly. At one stage he was playing peek-a-boo by pulling a blanket over his head and then letting it drop, giggling at me and then pulling the blanket back over his head again. It was endearing to watch, very funny.

Today's pic - he is showing off his autumn collection, we bought a bundle of 6-9 month clothes from e-bay this week for £2.60 (he's just getting long enough to fit them). A lot of the 6-9 month clothes we have are in baby blue, so I on purpose bought a bundle which included deep colours. I think they quite suit him.

3 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...

didn't you get a belt with your bundle????

Nik and Matt said...

Humm, you noticed! He actually popped the button on these trousers - I guess he's still quite fat!

Nik and Matt said...

Humm, you noticed! He actually popped the button on these trousers - I guess he's still quite fat!