Search This Blog

Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Tom had a really good night. He screamed for about 5 seconds at 9pm and that was it until 6.30am. Matt and I were in bed around 9.30pm and asleep by 10.30pm, so didn't quite see the new year in.

Today was freezing cold and Matt still wasn't feeling that great so we decided to have quiet day. I did some typical New Year's stuff and spent Tom's morning nap in Matt's office filing all the paperwork I've been dumping on my desk since Tom was born. Found lots of things I thought I had lost and got rid of loads of paperwork from when I was pregnant.

After this week's big vomit episode we thought it would be wise to buy a carpet cleaner to try to prolong the life of our carpets, Matt did some quick research and found that in Argos they were half price (ie £100 off) so we quickly reserved it and once Tom was up we headed off to collect it.

Jude and Richard dropped in around lunchtime to deliver us some bits and pieces and have a coffee. Tom then went for a nice long sleep (2 hours) so I continued with my filing whilst Matt constructed the Vax. Once Tom was awake, Matt went round with the Vax - he came back with a tank of black water, so I guess the carpet needed cleaning.

We had a pretty uneventful afternoon: playing, dinner, bath, bottle and bed. As I said it was a quiet day.

Tom has really got the hang of sitting up from the crawling position today. He did it loads of times. In fact, when I went to collect him from his naps, he was sat up in his cot.

Today's pic - do you like Tom's bear outfit? It was a Christmas present from his Auntie Julie. As it is so cold at the moment, I've been putting him in it when we go out, he looks so cute doesn't he?

No comments: