Search This Blog

Saturday 23 January 2010

Happy Splashy Chappy

Another fantastic night - didn't hear from Tom at all until about 30 seconds before going in to get him at 7. We, on the other hand didn't do too well. In fact we are now thinking of speaking to Tom to see if he can advise us on how to sleep! Now we have caught up on some sleep and are feeling sort of normal again, we are finding it hard to sleep - tend to wake up around 3am and 5am. Both of us seem to be suffering from it. We are back to our old ways before Tom was born. Oh hum! We are still going to bed at 9.30 each night, call us light weights - but I really enjoy my bed and will never take lying down in it fore granted ever again.

Today is waterbabies, we were a little anxious after last week's episode but Tom was an angel: very well behaved, smiley and he allowed himself to be held by other people without a blink. We think we have now got it sussed: Matt goes in the pool with him, whilst I watch and wave at him. I don't move at all from my position, so he knows where I am at all times. Well it worked today anyway.

Martin, one of the Dad's took loads of photos (he's a very good photographer - has 300 lenses at home - so a bit of a camera nerd) - hence why I have gone a bit over board with the photos today (makes up for yesterday).

Once waterbabies was over, we went to Wellington for lunch at The Beacon (becoming a regular thing now, is cheap and cheerful and baby friendly) we then popped in to Wilkos to get a lampshade for our new light in the lounge and some other bits and pieces. Last stop was Morrisons to get some food. Matt hasn't seen Tom in a trolley before, so I told him to put him in one to see an excited boy. Matt and Tom loved it, in fact I'm not sure who was more excited. Tom was bouncing up and down and laughing whilst Matt was making driving noises at him. Was a pleasure to watch, I always love putting Tom in a trolley, he enjoys it so much, sometimes I think it is a shame that Asda is so close. I can't really justify going there by car, so Tom can go in the trolley - wish they had a pram park so he could.

Came home, put Tom down for his nap. I rushed out to the cake shop to get some bits and pieces for next week - was too late, they had sold out of everything (what's new?) Was told that they would have some more in on Monday or Tuesday.

Once I was back, Tom was awake again so we popped out to Rose and Martin's to pick up the photos. Tom wasn't very well behaved, he cried a couple of times after Abi touched him which wasn't really justified, but he calmed down after a while and played nicely. Abi is standing very well and cruising around furniture. Today Tom was refusing to stand, even if I helped him. Oh humm - I guess he needs to find the right time for him, that time certainly isn't now. Tell you what though all these babies look so big and so grown up when they are standing and cruising - definately toddlers rather than babies. Although I want Tom to develop, I'm also quite glad that he is still baby like in features and in stance, he isn't a toddler until he is walking!

No comments: