Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2010

We think it is a cold

Tom was up again at 11pm. We gave him some calprofen and settled him again. Neither of us could get to sleep as we were listening out for him. In the end I sent Matt downstairs to sleep as I was convinced Tom was going to wake and end up in bed with me. I was wrong! I didn't hear from him at all until my alarm went off. I couldn't quite believe it.

Tom was in a relatively good mood in the morning, played on the bed very nicely. I thought he was going to have an ok day, but when I put him in his clothes, he could hardly keep his eyes open. I quickly fed him breakfast and put him back in bed again (8.00 - the earliest he's been in bed for ages) He was wide awake at 9.00 so I put him in his pram and walked over to Sian's for our breast feeding meeting. Tom unfortunately took a turn for the worse there and grizzled and cried. He was so sleepy, in the end he fell asleep in my arms - he hasn't done that for months. He also fell asleep in the pram on the walk home.

I had my lunch whilst Tom slept. He then woke up so I gave him lunch. He wouldn't eat anything with lumps or textures, so he was back on Ella's purees again, poor mite. Once I managed to get some down him, he went back to bed again after some Calprofen.

He was awake after an hour and a half, and we spent the afternoon at home. He wasn't that happy. Snot was pouring out of him and his eyes kept gunking over. He got quite unhappy so he had an early bath (much better than yesterday - he was in good humour for all of it), then bottle and bed.

I went off to cake course (carnations today) and left the boys to it. When I got back, Matt told me that he had been up 4 times and that Tom hadn't really slept at all. Tom started calling out when I got back, so I went in to see him. He was sat up in his cot (so not sleepy at all) and his eyes were completely covered in goo. Took both Matt and me to hold him down and get rid of it. We put him back in his cot and told him to go to sleep, but we could hear in the monitor that he wasn't.

After 10 minutes in bed, we could hear Tom getting distressed so we went in to see him, he was sat up again and crying. We decided to give him some more Calprofen and then seeing that he still wasn't sleepy, I fed him to sleep (haven't done that for ages). It worked, we didn't hear from him again until the morning.

Sorry about the pic - camera steamed up in the bath!

No comments: