Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2010

Gymbabes makes me tired and hungry

Not such a great night, Tom woke screaming again at 2.45am. But it only took a minute or so to settle him and that was it until 6.30, when once again I was able to settle him and he stayed quiet until I got him up at 7.

He had a good breakfast - weetabix, shreddies and a banana and was back in bed by 9am. I'm not really looking forward to this week. We had such a lovely Christmas, visiting all the family and then we had an equally lovely New Year - just the three of us enjoying each other's company. It's going to be strange and hard looking after Tom on my own again.

Today is Gymbabes, so Tom had his lunch at 12 and I put him down for his sleep at 12.30. He's normally been having his afternoon nap around 2pm, so I was pleasantly suprised that he went down without a fight. I had to wake him up at 1.20 so I could get him ready and in the car to Bridgnorth. Today is Tom's first Gymbabes session as a moving baby. He did really well he managed the whole of the tolberone thingy without any help from me and also went up a wedge of cheese to the ball pool without any help either. He then found a glitter ball that he really liked and chased it all over the floor. That only left time for a short swing, before it was over. He definitely expended more energy today than ever before.

Went with the girls to Costa afterwards for drinks and treats. Unfortunately all three babies were a bit cranky - ie sleepy but refusing to sleep, so we had to cut it short and leave. Tom fell asleep on the way home - so I drove slowly to give him as much time as possible. Arrived home just after 4. Had a good play and then an enormous dinner - he ate a huge bowl of ratatouille and gnocci, half a banana, a fromage frais and some snacks. His mouth was wide, wide open. Guess Gymbabes gave him a huge appetite as well.

Had another play, then bath with Daddy and milk with Mummy. As I put him down in the cot to sleep, he leant over and put his dummy in his mouth, whilst I put him in his sleeping bag. Clever boy.

No comments: