Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Slightly better

Oh my word, you won't believe the amount of snot on Tom's sheet this morning. It was covered in green, his nose had obviously been running all night.

I fed him and took him into our bedroom under the lights. His nose was absolutely caked in dried-on snot, it took Matt and me about 10 minutes to get it all off, poor thing.

Once we got him clean again, we had a play and then I got him dressed and gave him breakfast. He remained quite cheerful and managed a little play before his nap. When I got him up after his morning nap he was less than happy and once again full of snot - both his nose and his eyes. Took me a while to clean him up again which caused lots of tears. In the end I took him down to Dad. Dad is his favourite at the moment, he always cheers up when he sees him. It worked, but he looked blotchy and very miserable so we got the Calprofen out again. After about 30 mins he was much happier and I managed to prise him away from the office. He ended up quite content playing on his own in the lounge. Today he managed to pull himself up on my sofa-side table. Fantastic for him, not so great for me, I will have to be very careful what I put on it in the future.

After lunch (Tom managed to eat some lumpy stuff today which was good) he had his nap, and then we popped down to baby clinic. He has lost 2 ounces, but he hasn't eaten well the last two days and he did a monster poo after weigh in last week. We then went to the cake shop to get some bits and then I treated Tom to a ride in a trolley in Asda - always a winner.

Came home, had a play and then dinner, Tom managed some pasta thinned down a bit with puree. He rapidly got grizzly after dinner so we brought his bath time forward. Once upstairs he, (as has become usual) crawled straight out of the bathroom, but this time he did it on his knees, he managed 16 paces but then flopped down on his belly. I guess there will be a tipping point where he will realise it is easier and quicker on his knees than on his belly. All was going well until he went back in the bathroom, toppled over and banged his head on the radiator, then we had full bellied screaming.

We managed to calm him down after a while and he cheered up in the bath. He, however, screamed when he left the bath. Matt dressed him and then we gave him some Calprofen. About 5 seconds later he did a projectile vomit (all over me of course) - so he lost all his dinner - bugger! Matt changed him again (he was wearing a brand new sleep suit as well - must have worn it for 3 minutes maximum), then I gave him some more Calprofen and his milk. It all went down well this time, I put him in his cot and said good night. We haven't heard from him yet, although I expect to have to feed him at some stage tonight.

No comments: