Search This Blog

Monday 11 January 2010

I can crawl through tunnels

The plan worked. The first time I heard Tom last night was 6.30 this morning and then he was just talking to himself for 5 minutes. When I went in to get him at 7am he was sat up in his cot playing with his toys. I think he has got a little more confident in himself and knows that I will come in and get him at a certain time and is happy to play until that time?

Tom had breakfast and his nap, during which Rachel M called asking if we were free for lunch in Bridgnorth prior to Gymbabes. We were, so we arranged to meet at 12.30. Rachel has found a lovely coffee shop in Bridgnorth - Cinnamon which has views from the top of the hill over the Severn Valley and huge spaces, AND a change area for babies with free wipes etc, how good is that - obviously wanting the mum market - works for me. Food was nice as well.

We had a lovely Gymbabe session. Tom went through the tunnel for the first time. He did it really well - as soon as he started moving, he didn't stop. He went through it at some speed (well for him anyway - he's still crawling in a humping fashion) He also crawled over the tolberone, and crawled all over the hall chasing balls. He also managed to cruise for a little while in the parallel bars. He was a very happy chappy considering he was short on sleep. He even clapped in time for the songs at the beginning. I really enjoyed the session, was the best yet. I think I am more confident with him as well now that I'm not so short of sleep, I certainly enjoy being with him more. I feel that everything is really coming together now - well that will be until he throws something else at us.

We had a quick coffee afterwards with Rachel Z, before I had to speed back to the car. Tom was asleep in the car before we left Bridgnorth, I put him in his cot for another half hour once we got back. I then got him up as it was 4.30. He was very unhappy with me, cried and cried. Even a trip to see his Dad couldn't placate him. Food, however, did. So he had an early dinner (roast veg and duck left over from last night). He cheered up considerably, had a nice play and then bath with his Dad and bed. He has definitely built up his confidence in crawling from yesterday. He now has no problem leaving the lounge and going for a wander down the hallway. In fact I had to close the kitchen door as he was intent on going in there on his own, which I don't think is too advisable considering there is cat litter in there.

Oh, I am pretty sure that I saw an 8th tooth today. Is difficult to be sure as he doesn't let us look at his gums anymore.

No comments: