Search This Blog

Monday 25 January 2010

Poor little mite

We had an OK night. Tom woke once at 4.30 - dummy was on the floor, so I replugged him and that was it. Matt and I had trouble sleeping again though.

Tom didn't have a great breakfast, but seemed cheerful enough, so I let him be. Today is Gymbabes, so after his morning nap we disappeared off first to Asda to pick up dinner (burgers today) and then to Bridgnorth to meet Rachel Z for lunch at Cinnamon then to the hall for the afternoon session. Tom had a good time, crawled all over the place, generally ending up at the ball pool or mirror pool. He went through the tunnel a couple of times, but decided today that it was fun to stop and sit up in the middle of it rather than just crawl through it. He also managed to crawl up some wedges of cheese which was good - definitely made him work hard.

After our usual Costa (Gymbabes is exhausting for us too) we headed home. Tom was asleep in seconds. I put him back in his cot once we arrived home and gave him an extra hour. He wasn't very happy with me when I woke him up at 4.30, but any later and his evening routine would be shot to pieces.

He had an OK dinner, but then spent most of the time between dinner and bath grizzling. Not at all happy. When I took him upstairs for his bath he started crying, then screaming. He then screamed right through his bath (which was curtailed to about 2 minutes). I thought he might not take his milk as he was in such a state, but he took it fine. I put him down to sleep, but he cried immediately. There was definitely something wrong other than just being tired. I noticed yesterday that his pink upper gum has turned white. I have a feeling a molar tooth is on its way through, which can't be fun.

He did go to sleep ok, but has woken up crying at 7.00, 8.30 and 9.30 to date. Each time we go up, we find a very sleepy Tom who is desperately trying to settle himself to get to sleep. I think he wakes up each time he enters a light period of sleep and needs to be settled to get off again. We have given him one dose of calpol to date (the first time we have given him calpol in ages). I have a feeling it is going to be a long night.

Apologies, I forgot to take a pic today.

No comments: