Search This Blog

Thursday 7 January 2010

A normal day

Another good night last night. Tom did a 5 second screech at 8.30pm and that was it until 6.10am when he cried and cried. Took me ages to find his dummy (under his cot), by which time there were tears running down his face. Basically he was hungry. I fed him and to my surprise he went back in his cot and back to sleep. Matt went to get him up at 7.15am for his morning play on the bed.

Tom had a good breakfast today - half a weetabix, about 6 weeties and half a banana. I tried out the HV's advice today and gave him a cup of milk with his breakfast to try to encourage him to take more fluids (he is absolutely refusing water at the moment) Didn't work, he took some milk in and spat it right out again. I guess I should trust him that he's getting enough fluids. He's not constipated, so I'm sure he is fine.

Was in two minds what to do today as there is still snow on the ground and lots of ice around. I would have gone to Oakengates group, but the car park there is on a gradient and I ended up deciding it wasn't worth the risk of getting stranded / having a bump. So, we went to our usual haunt instead - yep, you've guessed it: Asda. Matt had run out of coffee, I just about managed to remember it, after filling up a basket with lots of things I didn't realise we needed. I overdosed on Wispa Golds today, Asda were selling them for 25p each, as Matt is such an addict, I thought I should get a bunch, especially as the cheap price probably means they are selling them off.

Had lunch at home - Tom ate his like a Guppie fish (ie mouth wide open all the time - I still get pleasure from seeing an open mouth at meal times, I don't take it fore granted at all after our struggle to get him to eat). Paul came round to ask us if we could pick up the girls, so that gave us an outing for the afternoon, to the scary gates of the local Primary school (yes, they are scary - lots of scary parents all gossiping in their huddles - I'm not looking forward to when it will be my time!). Luckily Jane was there (Grace's mum) so I had a friendly face to talk to whilst waiting for Hannah and Boo.

Got home, the girls were as loud as ever. I don't know how Tom copes with them. Boo, especially is so rough with him, but he takes it all with very good humour. I don't understand, how come he giggles for them, but stares at Jude who is far more gentle with him?

Once Paul came to retrieve his kids, we had playtime and then dinner. I spent Tom's lunchtime nap in the kitchen making him some cottage pies (and us a Sloppy Joe Cottage Pie). They were quite big, I tried him with one for dinner. Initially he wouldn't eat it, but if I put a tiny bit of Ella's puree on the tip of each spoonful, he did take it. In fact he ate almost a whole pie which was a decent size. He finished off with fromage frais and some blueberries. Then it was play, bath and bed.

*1st P

No comments: