Search This Blog

Thursday 21 January 2010

Busy Day

Humm, Tom woke up at 4.30 this morning, naughty child! He was talking to start with, but it was reaching a level that was going to change to crying, so I got myself up and went in to see him. He was sitting at the bottom of the cot with his toys. I returned him to his back, gave him his dummy and that was the last I heard from him. I, unfortunately couldn't get back to sleep (I've lost the knack as he's been so good recently), so when the alarm went off at 7, I felt completely exhausted.

He certainly worked up a big appetite last night, as he ate all his breakfast with no coercion from me. We had a busy day today. First stop was Jungleland - they are trying to start up a breast feeding support group there on a Thursday, I said I would go along in my T-shirt to help. Got there, it was heaving, no parking anywhere. Went round and round. In the end they let me park in a disabled space. Bumped into Kamila and Stella there. They are doing well (despite Kamila thinking they aren't). Had a really nice time, met some people who I recognised from other groups and stayed for quite some time. Tom had his lunch there, took him ages to eat - so much noise and things to look at.

Next stop was Asda - it's their baby event this week and today the HVs had a stand about breast feeding. I was asked to go along for support which I did. No-one came up, but then Asda isn't really the haunt of breast feeding mums. Someone asked me which nappies to use (a Granny about to have her first grand child) but that was it. Tom and I did a quick zoom round the store and then headed home.

Whilst Tom napped, Richard came round to sort out our lounge light for us. We now have one single energy efficient bulb rather than 3 very dim lights. It's amazing, we now turn on the light and the room brightens up meaning we can see what we are doing.

This afternoon I saw Tom crawl about 2 steps on his knees. He wouldn't do it again, regardless of the encouragement I gave him. But, a step in the right direction. Maybe he will try again tomorrow.

Got Tom up at 4, had a play, then dinner, bath and bed.

No comments: