Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2010

It snowed (just!)

We had another fantastic night. Tom went to sleep at 6.30pm and woke up at 6.30am. Can't ask for better than that can you?

Still very cold today, and this morning it finally snowed - I think this is the last part of the country to get it. I showed Tom, he seemed non plussed. Wasn't really sure what to do today, Lucy was round to clean this morning so we had to get from under her feet. By 11am the snow had more or less gone so I decided to go to Wrekin retail park. This has become our Tuesday haunt. I put Tom in the backpack and went for a look around the shops. He is so good in the backpack, makes shopping much easier than in the pram as generally there is no grizzling (In the pram quite often Tom will grizzle as soon as you slow down or stop). He got lots of admiring glances from grannies.

We had lunch at Tescos cafe, Tom bolted his food down as if he had never been fed before. Picked up some bits for dinner tonight. (Realised on the way home, that it is cake course tonight so I guess Matt will have some dinner left over!)

The afternoon saw us on a very exciting trip to the Post Office. I was being sarcastic, but it was an interesting trip, Kamila gave me a call to cancel us meeting up tomorrow. She's having a bad time with Stella (4 months) not sleeping. She's got to the stage where the HV is so worried about her, that she is visiting Kamila for 2 hours tomorrow to babysit so she can have some rest. I had a long chat with her, Stella seems to be going down the same path as Tom - lots of what she said sounded very familiar. I think it helped her to talk to someone who knows how it feels and can understand what she is going through. I hope so anyway.

It was freezing cold outside. Tom was wraped up in his bear suit so was very happy. In fact he was a very happy chappy all afternoon. Giggling at the slightest thing, and he ate a lot of dinner. So, all in all a good day.

No comments: